Saturday, February 21, 2009

What is our purpose?

I have just been thinking the past of couple of weeks. I am re-evaluating some things in my life. You know what is our main purpose?? Well of course to live for God and tell others about Him. This should be our main purpose in life. Because without God their would not be life. We would have nothing to look forward too. But while we are here on earth why not make it worth while...ehh? I feel that my purposes are:

1. Serving God- Jacob and I are still kind of new at doing the children's ministry thing. Well Jacob has been doing it for a while and while he was doing that I was the Kindergarten teacher at our church. But just within the last few months I resigned my duties as the kindergarten teacher and we thought it would be best that I start helping him with the kiddos on Wednesday nights. I do feel that this is our ministry for the time being, it is helping and leading these kids. There are of course some tweaks that need to be done here and there but we are still learning and doing the best we can.

2. Be a wonderful wife- Jacob and I have been married now for 2.5 years. We have been together for a total of 5 years. I cannot believe it has been that long but they say time flies when you are having fun. Although the times have not ALWAYS been fun but we learn as we go. I can truly say that I have married my best friend. I can trust Jake with anything, he is my best friend, my soul mate...my confidant. I try to be the best wife to him that I possibly can.

3. Be a loving mother- We just had a baby boy...well I actually did the "having" part but anyway he was born on November 6,2008. Besides my salvation and of course my husband, Isaac is the best thing that ever happened to me. Some days I look at him and can't believe he is mine and that he is actually here. All of those months I was pregnant I would always wonder what he would look like and what his personality would be like. And what life would be like when he gets here. And now I have had him for almost 4 months and each day is so precious to me that I get to spend it with him. I just love being a mommy to him and am so excited to watch him grow like a weed.

4. Be a good friend- I have some good friends in my life. My ultimate best friend is my husband Jacob, I can tell him ANYTHING and I know he won't judge me. But other than him I have some good friends. And I really try to be a good friend to those around me. And I have been trying to reach out more to others. Since I am out of work now I have more time to spend with others. I try not to just focus all of my time on just me. I mean of course I focus most of it on Isaac. But I have been trying to get outside of my comfort zone and really try to be friends with others. You know in order to have friends you must show yourself friendly. B/c if it were truly up to me I would be sitting in the corner by myself b/c I am honestly a shy person believe it or not. But sometimes I just feel that I get shut out by people. I am not sure exactly what it is, if it something I am doing...something I am not doing. It's like Lord what else can I do. I feel that I am doing what He wants me to do but you know sometimes we just feel rejected. And maybe it is all in my head but than again maybe its not. I know we have all felt rejected before in our own lives and it does not feel good at all. So just keep this in mind if you are pushing someone away or "rejecting" them, it could be because they are just either trying to be a better friend or they just want a friend in you. We all need friends whether you want to admit it or not.

Sorry for rambling on...just somethings I had going through my mind and sometimes it makes me feel better if I write them or type them. Well I hope that you have a good day...feel free to comment on anything that I said. Love you all!

2 comments:

Mere Adkisson said...

Thanks for leaving that post Dane! I needed that reminder. Thanks for being an incredible friend! I love you!

Gina Holder said...

Dana,

Thank you so much for that post. Wow! I was just talking to Daniel the other night about feeling rejected and shunned by people. I want to be your friend too, and I hope we can be better friends in the future.