Sunday, February 15, 2009

It just isn't the same...

Valentine's day just isn't the same as it use to be. Don't get me wrong me and my valentine had a good time. But I remember when we were dating that we use to plan our valentine's date like weeks in advance...or I did at least. But this year it was very low key which is fine with me b/c I know all of the restaurants would have been overflowing with people. And those of you who know me well, know that I have a very large bubble and those that pop my bubble are treading on dangerous territory. But my valentines day started with a phone call from my lovely sister at 9:45 a.m. and which I was still in bed. B/c Isaac decided to get up at like 6 a.m. that morning to eat and so once he was done I went back to bed...yay! But me,Isaac,Grammy (my mom),Aunt Leah and cousin Dylan all went shopping. My mom took me and my sister and Dylan out to eat for our valentines gift eventhough Dylan did get a valentine goody basket from my mom but I guess that is what happens when you are one of the grandkids. And Isaac went with us too but he decided not to eat with us he decided he wanted to catch some z's instead. But we decided to go to Chili's and it was very yummy. And after that we went to Kid to Kid, Hobby Lobby and Kohls. And at Kohls I got my easter dress...yay! I know I am sure some of you are thinking...what? Easter? It's like 2 months away but those of you who know me well know that it takes me forever to pick out an easter dress. And the other day I bought Isaac's easter outfit...it is sooo cute I would put a picture but I would like to keep it a surprise b/c it is so cute. And so I thought it would be cute to color cooridate Jacob, Isaac and myself. So when we went to Kohls I had just planned on looking and b/c I didn't really have the money to buy a dress. But I found a dress that I really liked and my mom bought it for me...I love shopping with my mommy. =0) But I told her I would pay her back. Well after the shopping I came home and just relaxed for a little bit since Jake was at school all day and he had some cleaning to do at the church. And then I started dinner...and it was so yummy if I do say so myself. And I decided to it would appropiate to watch a chick flick with it being valentines day and all. So I rented "Nights in Rodanthe" with Richard Gere and Diane Lane. And it was a very good movie but definitely not for valentines day. B/c it was incredibly sad it was kind of depressing. I am not sure if I could watch that movie again. Oh well! Oh and we had our chocolate fondue and it was so yummy. I think I gained like 10 lbs just from our valentines dinner. But it was so worth it. Well I will quit rambling on and on now. Hope all of y'all had a wonderful valentines day as well.

1 comment:

Mere Adkisson said...

Sounds like fun! I can't wait to see your dress! We almost rented Nights in Rodanthe, too. Glad we didn't, but the movie we saw was soooooooo terrible and disturbing, it would have made Nights in Rodanthe seem like a Disney Movie. Miss you- can't wait to see you this week!